Monday, December 24, 2012
Whichever holiday you are celebrating and however you choose to celebrate it, Tis The Season to drink and be merry...see you in the new year.
I may try my hand at making Panforte this time for New Year's Eve. What will you be making for the holidays this year?
Posted by Valery Rizzo at 10:15 AM
Thursday, December 13, 2012
All images © Valery Rizzo
I was over at Kings County Distillery working on some work I have been shooting as a visiting artist at The Brooklyn Navy Yard as well as finishing up a soon to come Field to Fork story for Nona Brooklyn. I accompanied co-owner and whiskey maker Nicole Austin in the 2nd floor Barrel Room, while she did some barrel tasting of a new rye whiskey she had recently made.
You might also be interested in picking up one of the distillery's new holiday gift sets, only available at the distillery. It is a beautiful box with an illustration of the historic Paymaster building which houses the distillery at the Navy Yard and has one of each of the Kings County Distillery's Bourbon, Moonshine and Chocolate Whiskeys.
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Posted by Valery Rizzo at 3:47 PM
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Photo © Valery Rizzo
Here are my picks for the best Brooklyn food and drink gifts for 2012, handmade by local artisans.
3. Frankies 457, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Found at The Park Slope Coop)
4. No. 40, Charleston, Bellocq Tea Atelier (Greenpoint, Brooklyn)
5. Some whiskey to drink while wrapping presents
6. Raaka Virgin Chocolate Bars (Clinton Hill, Brooklyn)
7. Pottery from EAT, handmade by regional artisans (Greenpoint, Brooklyn)
8. Bourbon Whiskey, Kings County Distillery (The Brooklyn Navy Yard)
9. Raaka Virgin Chocolate's Anthology Box, contains all six bars in the collection (found at The Holiday Shops at Bryant Park)
Posted by Valery Rizzo at 3:34 PM