All images © Valery Rizzo
Since I have been busy with assignments over the past few months, this was a long one, but you get to see some of my summer through my iphone and hopefully learn about new things and places in Brooklyn all in one spot.
1. Local Organic Raw Honey, from Bristol Hills Apiaries (found at Fairway in Red Hook).
2. Brooklyn Grange Rooftop Farm at The Brooklyn Navy Yard.
3. Herbs from my garden, Park Slope, Brooklyn.
4. Steel Skeleton of Building 128, The Brooklyn Navy Yard.
5. Pratt Institute, where I studied Illustration.
6. Double decker bicycle, Clinton HIll, Brooklyn.
7. The kitchen at Bakeri, Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
8. Salted Honey Pie at Four &Twenty Blackbirds.
9. The kitchen at Four and Twenty Blackbirds, Gowanus, Brooklyn.
10. Bikes of Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
11. Backyard shrimpboil, Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
12. Bean Salad at the shrimp boil.
13. Mother and daughter, backyard, Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
14. Digging into the boil.
15. Shrimp boil served in wheelbarrow lined with newspaper.
16. The boil cooking with celery, chili peppers and spices.
14. Pregnant with tattoos.
15. Assorted cherry tomatoes from my garden.
16. Park Slope, Brooklyn.
17. Cherry Blossoms, Brooklyn Botanic Garden.
18. Fava Beans from the Park Slope Coop.
19. Red Lentils from the Coop.
21. Friend and great photographer Katie Quinn Davies (What Katie Ate), not in Brooklyn, but loved this shot I took of her shooting after we lunched at Buvette.
22. Dodge Dart, Red Hook, Brooklyn.
23. Chicken Coop at The Brownsville Farm.
25. My first pepper harvested from my garden.
26. Exploring Brooklyn, a United Photo Industries exhibition I had work in, Dumbo, Bklyn.
27. Willy and his 1932 Black Phantom Schwinn, Bushwick, Brooklyn.
28. Vintage cars, Red Hook, Brooklyn.
29. 61 Local, Cobble Hill, Brooklyn.
30. Marlow & Daughters, Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
31. Mexican items from a specialty shop in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.