All images © Valery Rizzo
Instagram has become a community in itself and a great way to document each day and it's just downright fun and addictive. I also realize not everyone is on instagram so in addition to the recipes, stories and Brooklyn Photo of the Week, I will be adding another segment to Eating Brooklyn, once a month, called In and About Brooklyn, dedicated to showing some of my iPhone captures of everyday life.
1. Arugula scramble with hemp toast.
2. Orange tree in Brooklyn, Botanic Garden.
3. Vollkorn bread with almond butter.
4. Farmacy, Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn.
5. Taylor Farms baby kale, from the Park Slope Coop.
6. Soon-to-be masterpiece, my niece Siena painting.
5. Vintage cameras, Kings County Salvage, Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
6. Cara Cara Oranges.
7. Ramonita's Restaurant, Moore Street Market, East Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
8. Coco, Moore Street Market.
9. Platanos, Moore Street Market.
10. Vintage car during Hurricane Sandy.
11. Historic Cannon, The Brooklyn Navy Yard
12. Repurposed the coolest whiskey bottle ever, with my homemade Limoncello.
13. Lunch, fettuccine with arugula and cherry tomatoes.
14. The same!
15. Bierkraft, Park Slope, Brooklyn.
16. Cafe Regular du Nord, Park Slope, Brooklyn.
17. Vollkorn Bread, dense malty loaf made with 100% organic rye flour and sprouted rye berries, topped with seeds, from Bakeri, Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
18. Vintage flour package, Bakeri.