Thursday, April 30, 2015
Where I Have Been Lately
It has been a while since I have posted but I have been around. This time if year is the garden prep and I am trying something different this year. I am having fun with perennials, flowers and herbs in pots while planning to build a raised bed in the fall for vegetables next year. Lonny Magazine featured some of my instagram photos I took in the garden last year along with an interview with me about Easy Small-Space Vegetable Gardening Tips.
I took over Edible Brooklyn's Instagram Feed several weeks ago...
1. Homemade Dark Cioccolata and a Sbrisolona, a typical sweet from the city of Mantua in Lombardy made with brittle, crunchy almonds and rice flour at Albero dei Gelati, Park Slope, Brooklyn.
2. In the studio with maker Helen Levi and her beautiful pottery, Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
3. Handmade Pumpkin Seed Truffles at Raaka Virgin Chocolate, Red Hook, Brooklyn.
4. Specialty Whiskeys at Kings County Distillery, Brooklyn Navy Yard.
5. Sea Scallops from Cape Cod with Basket Island Oysters from Maine at Mermaid's Garden, Prospect Heights, Brooklyn.
I have been busy photographing a rooftop garden project, and a few other assignments which can not revealed yet as well as really working hard on my Brooklyn Book Project, so to make a long story short you can find me on instagram most of the time, so please follow me there as well @valrizzo
Posted by Valery Rizzo at 4:01 PM