Sunday, December 4, 2011

Brooklyn Made Wine, Whiskey, Gin and Beer

All images © Valery Rizzo

This month I have been shooting a few assignments and working on an exhibit so I have not had that much time for recipes, but not to worry I have plans in the making to bring you Grandma's Meatloaf, Winter's Chicken Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms and Ginger and Hazelnut Struffoli.

In the meantime I wanted to direct you to the feature I recently shot for Nona Brooklyn in November, which was a special experience for me. I got to visit Red Hook Winery and Sixpoint Craft Ales in Red Hook, Kings County Distillery in Bushwisk and finally Breuckelen Disitillings in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. Each place was special in it's own way and although there were some similarities in the processes they were also each one uniquely different from the next. I love the idea that especially in Brooklyn now there is a return to a time when we lived off the land and things were crafted by hand with care and appreciation, which also connects us as a community. It is truly amazing what these artisans do and even more amazing that its all being done right here in Brooklyn. To see the full 65 image feature on Nona Brooklyn click here.


4 comments:

  1. I am loving Kings Country Distillery, I saw the bottles on Andrea's blog. Nice shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, Valery! You are turning into a little female Sherlock Holmes of the food and drink industry! Keep on "investigating"... and reporting back...it's all very interesting. I love the photo of the bottles (with big b/w labels) Look at all those lovely juniper berries! Wow! I love their flavour!

    ANNA

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you were here I would buy you a bottle of special Breuckelen Gin but I am afraid the bottle might break on the way to England :)

    ReplyDelete