All images © Valery Rizzo
1. The best thing to do on a grey snowy day, stay in and read.
2. Steamed chicken with peas and fresh mint.
4. Christmas trees from Vermont at the Park Slope Food Coop.
5. Four & Twenty Blackbirds Salted Honey Pie, Gowanus, Brooklyn.
6. Making apple pie with Chef Camille Becerra at New Amsterdam Market.
7. Black walnuts from Vermont found at New Amsterdam Market.
8. Making chocolate chip biscotti with brown sugar and semi-sweet chips.
9. The original Mike's Sharpening since 1941.
10. Italian cheesecake made with Ricotta from Savarese.
11. Chinese Lunar New Year aftermath, Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
12. Lion Dance Troupe, Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
13. Silly string wars, Chinese New Year, Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
14. More silly string fun.
15. Chinatown, Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
16. Street merchants, Chinatown, Sunset Park, Brooklyn.
17. Silly string and firecrackers.
18. Raw honey, speck and brie.
20. Shooting Brooklyn Slate Co. for Pure Green Magazine.
21. Gorgeous flower seeds for my garden this year from the Hudson Valley Seed Library, found at the Park Slope Food Coop.